Join the SpeakWrite Typist Network
Now Accepting Applications for Experienced Legal and General Transcriptionists.
We complete over 1 million transcription jobs every year.
Are you an experienced typist?
What can you earn?
SpeakWrite is an online transcription company that serves over 65,000 legal, government, law enforcement, and other private sector clients.
SpeakWrite independent typist contractors enjoy the flexibility of working from home, setting their own hours, balancing work and family demands and make great money too.
In the news:
Real Ways to Actually Make Money Online – lifehack.org
20 REAL Companies That Want To Hire You To Work From Home – christianpf.com
Avg. Earnings Per Month
Top Monthly Earners
.005¢- .006¢ per word
60 wpm Minimum Typing Speed with 90%+ Accuracy:
Applicants must pass a typing test with a minimum speed of 60 words per minute with 90% accuracy for your application to be considered.
You Must be a US or Canadian Resident and Fluent in English:
You must be a legal resident of the US or Canada to apply. We do not contract with off-shore typists. You must be fluent in English and possess a strong working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
You must be proficient in Microsoft Word 2007/2010, including advanced formatting features. You must possess excellent listening skills and be comfortable working independently.
- 2+ years of increasingly responsible legal work in a law firm, including transcription and word processing experience, performed within the last five year period.
- Specific experience and a good working knowledge of the set-up of legal pleadings, agreements, court headings, interrogatories, deposition summaries, formal correspondence, etc.
- Good working knowledge of the proper format of legal citations.
- 1+ years of transcription and word processing experience in an office environment, performed within the last five year period. (General office, data entry and accounting experience, etc. are not sufficient.)
- Specific experience and good working knowledge in the creation of formal correspondence, memos, reports, etc.
- Windows Based PC w/ minimum 1GB RAM - no MACs or Tablets
- Windows OS 7, 8, or 8.1 (not compatible with Windows 10)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or newer (licensed versions only)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v8.0 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader v8.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player v10, 11 or 12
- Sound card and earphones to listen to the dictation.
- Printer - (Inkjet or laser, properly set and cabled to work with your computer)
- Foot Pedal - (Operates the playback of audio material. You will be notified when to order it)
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, all typists must CLEAR Federal, State and Local background checks.
Why Work for SpeakWrite?
“I have been with SW since August 2010 and love having a job that is so flexible. I love working from home and choosing my own hours. With four kids we are extremely busy, so this job is perfect.”
“Since January 2010 and have loved every minute of working with SpeakWrite. My favorite part of the job is the wide variety of challenging work we get and how much I learn while working on the various jobs.”
“July 14 will be 8 years. There’s a lot I love about this job. For some reason I love to type and have been typing since the 9th grade. The job is diverse and challenging. I get to schedule my own hours and vacation whenever I want. I also love the community SW has created for its ICs. It really makes up for being out of the social scene in the office arena.”
“I have been with SW since May 2009. My favorite part in performing my job is formatting documents and doing my best to create a professional document. I also like the variety of people you get to do work for, no one case/job is the same and I always get excited when I hear my favorite voices. I also appreciate the professionalism displayed by management, the help desk, PRs and contractors through the Typist Forum. All advice and help has been great!”
“I have been with SpeakWrite since May 2008 when I stopped working outside the home and started homeschooling one of my stepchildren. It is the absolute perfect job for me. My kids are happy, my house stays relatively clean, and though my stepson has now graduated and moved on to college, I have no plans to hang up my pajamas and return to the workforce. SpeakWrite, you’re stuck with me!”